The Village of Sheffield, Illinois is conveniently located near a variety of attractions accommodating a wide range of interests. From hiking, biking, golf, shopping, antiquing, wine tasting, theaters, spas and much, much more, there are plenty of great activities to occupy your time during your stay. Please ask the innkeepers for more details.
A spectacular live theater and a quaint historic movie theater are conveniently located within a 30-mile radius of the inn.Read More...
- Festival 56 – Professional Theater Festival located in Princeton, IL. Offering 7 productions each summer and numerous other productions throughout the year.
- Stage 212 – Stage 212, Inc. is the Illinois Valley’s community theater. Begun in 1968 as a summer project of the Spring Valley Youth Center (located at 212 W. St. Paul Street, hence the name), the community theatre group was chartered as an independent, non-profit corporation in 1970. By 1980 Stage 212 had moved to LaSalle-Peru and evolved into a year-round operation involving participants from every age group. Since its founding the organization has mounted more than 125 major productions (including a full-scale play or musical quarterly since the summer of 1978), along with one-acts, revues and traveling shows.
- Apollo Theater – Entertaining audiences since 1882, this historic landmark movie theater converted to digital projection and Dolby Digital Surround Sound in 2012. New releases are shown with schedules changing weekly.
Sheffield is surrounded by several state parks offering numerous outdoor activities from hiking to biking to fishing.Read More...
- Starved Rock State Park – Voted #1 Attraction in the State of Illinois. Amazing waterfalls are active in the spring and after heavy rains. We have 13 miles of trails to explore and the Illinois River offers fishing (ice fishing, too), boating, extraordinary views and great places to relax.
- Hennepin Canal Parkway – The Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park is a 104.5 mile linear park spanning five Illinois Counties (Bureau, Henry, Lee, Rock Island, and Whiteside). The Hennepin Canal provides a wide variety of recreational activities including fishing, boating, picnicking, canoeing, hiking, horseback riding, bicycling, and snowmobiling.
- Mautino Fish and Wildlife Preserve – 15 stocked lakes. Great birdwatching. There is a fantastic 2-3 mile long bike ride from the inn to the Preserve and back.
There are numerous fascinating tours available for history buffs nearby.Read More...
- Bishop Hill – Relive the history of the late 1800’s and learn about the rise and fall of this Swedish commune which at one point was responsible for manufacturing most of the brooms sold in the United States. Gift shops, museums, artisans, unique eateries, holiday festivals and more.
- Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home – Dixon, Tour the home and Visitor’s Center dedicated to the 40th president of the United States. Seasonal.
- Owen Lovejoy Homestead – Located in Princeton, IL. Enjoy a guided tour of this former station on the Underground Railroad.
- Hegeler Carus Mansion – Beautiful historic late 1800’s mansion with spectacular German artisanship.
Visit Bureau CountyVisit Website
Bureau County has a wealth of activities for all interests available throughout the year.
Theater, shopping, hiking, biking, golf, historical sites and festivals. Visit the official tourism website for up-to-date information on all events throughout Bureau County.
Princeton, IllinoisVisit Website
Located just 15 minutes away from the inn, the city of Princeton is a mecca of various activities.
Shopping, Antiquing, Theater, Historic Sites, Spas and Festivals. Princeton is a vibrant tourist attraction.
Visit Henry CountyVisit Website
Henry County spreads across the western part of Central Illinois and is home to numerous attractions of all kinds.
Home of Hiking, Biking, Shopping, Wine Tasting, Festivals, Golf and of course the world famous Good’s Furniture.
Psycho Silo SaloonVisit Website
The most eclectic biker bar you’ll ever see. All are welcome. Live music and special events!Read More...
Motorcyclists rejoice!! This unique outdoor bar is open Friday-Sunday during the summer. They open at 11 a.m. and close around 12-1 a.m.
Located at the intersection of Rt 6 & Rt 40 in Langley, IL right along the tracks, but don’t be looking for a big town….The Silo is all that is left of Langley! Located 3 miles east of Sheffield, 3 miles north of Buda, 5.5 miles west of Wyanet and only 2 miles south of I-80.
You’ll find a variety of beers and a full bar for mixed drinks as well. Visit their on-site restaurant Susie Q’s for a bite during special events.
Sophisticuts Salon and SpaVisit Website
Full-service spa with a wide variety of beauty and wellness services available.Read More...
Our highly trained and dedicated hair, nail, and wellness professionals are committed to providing our guests with a soothing experience in a peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
Sophisticuts Salon and Wellness Boutique will cater to all your personal needs and our staff always strives to provide excellent, friendly customer service. We are positive your visit to our Wellness Boutique will exceed your expectations.
August Hill WineryVisit Website
Award-winning wines and spectacular tasting room in Utica, IL.
Visit their tasting bar, lounge or outdoor patio and enjoy wine tasting, snacks and live music.
Workout FacilitiesVisit Website
Free gym access to guests of Chestnut Street Inn.Read More...
We are pleased to announce our partnership with Cornerstone Community Wellness here in Sheffield to provide our guests with a fantastic fitness center for use while they stay with us. The facility offers a wide range of cardio and weight equipment. Guests are free to use the facility as long as they sign a liability waiver form. The facility is open 24 hours a day. Cornerstone Community Wellness is a non-profit organization. As such, we suggest an optional $5 donation to assist with maintenance and cleaning of the facility.